- How long have you volunteered with The READ Center? It will be five years in February.
- What is your current volunteer role? My current role with The Read Center is tutor.
- What motivates you to work with READ? Having a chance to make a positive difference in someone’s life, is what motivates me.
- Do you have a favorite memory of volunteering with READ? There have been so many fond memories that it’s really hard for me to pick a favorite.
- If you could encourage someone else to volunteer with READ, what would you say? I would say that it is a blessing for both the student and the tutor. Also, I would remind them that reading is fundamental to all aspects of life.
The READ Center has 15 students who are waiting for one-to-one tutors. These are students want to start a business, earn a GED, attend community college and obtain a CNA and you can help. If your New Year’s resolutions includes volunteering, please consider The READ Center. As Lew said, it is a chance to make a difference in someone’s life.